Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Mango Tapioca

I am definitely no chef, because I burnt the pot boiling water in college.  A wise women once said to me: "You'll see, when you become a mom, you'll learn to cook."  Years later, I still don't really cook, but, as mom of two, I am willing to try making dishes that are very simple and easy to pull together.

I also have a problem with forgetting what I made or how I made a dish after successfully following a recipe. Here I decided to compile all the true and tried recipes on the blog, so I have a place to refer to my easy recipe collection!

First up, Mango Tapioca!

What you'll need:
  • Coconut Milk: 1 can
  • Milk:  add as needed, but start with equal parts of coconut milk and milk.
  • Tapioca - i used half bag from chinese supermarket package
  • 2 Mangos
  • Honey (optional)
  • Coconut Sugar/Sugar (if you like it to be sweeter)
Directions:

Boil water, add tapioca, cook about 10 min or until almost transparent, turn off heat and let sit until fully transparent.  Drain water, you can soak in cold water to cool it down.  

In the mean time, cut up mango into cubes.  You may blend one mango into juice to make the desert yellow, or simply add the cut up mango cubes. 

If you use coconut sugar, you would need to combine coconut milk, milk and coconut sugar on stove until boil, then let it cool.  If you use regular sugar and honey, you can boil the combo or simply add and stir.  

Last, add drained and cool tapioca and mango cubes, stir, and serve.  If you like it cold, leave in fridge before serving.   Delish!!  

This is a great spring/summer dessert while mango is ripe and sweet.  Also maybe healthier alternative to ice cream and cookies. 

No comments:

Post a Comment