Monday, June 23, 2014

Strawberry Picking and Webb Mountain Discovery Zone

As I was looking for things to do in Connecticut during our stay at the 200 Year Old Mill, I stumbled upon this Mommy Poppins Post  which sounded really interesting.  I called Jones Family Farm, and they said the strawberries were ready for picking on father's day weekend and they are sweeter than ever!!
This came out to exactly 8 lbs!!!
Jones Family Farm also has a winery using both local and imported grapes.  So naturally we stopped in and brought home a case of wine!!!

Webb Mountain Discovery Zone is an outdoor learning center set on 173 acre of forest! There are 3 trails you can follow for an outdoor learning scavenger hunt.  What they wrote here is why I decided this is a definite stop on our trip.
 
Which animal do you think this foot print belong to??
We finally spotted a frog!!!!
We learned that this flower is the Connecticut flower, but sadly I already forgot the name.  I guess not much learning for mom here.
I think Nat had another good father's day even though we missed our friend's Taco Party!
We ended our trip with some yummy Spanish food at Brasitas in Stamford CT.


1 comment: